Friday, November 4, 2011

Worried much?

A new chapter in my life has begun.
Washington and the camp way of life is behind me. This brings sadness to my soul because at camp I was always working toward a goal I could see. Campers to lead, love, and just have a blast with. Guest groups to bless through extremely clean rooms that I tediously helped clean. It was all for a purpose and it made me feel great!
I am moved out, not completely on my own because I am living with my older brother in Southern Oregon.
But still I am faced with new responsibilities that come with being self sufficient.  Decisions must be made, jobs must be sought after, goals for future schooling/careers must be put in motion.  All this research for my future bogs me down. It's work to find work for a future... Am I just lazy? Or is it natural to feel this way? These past few days have been a bit of my own pity party. Whoa is me that I should be faced with these difficult decisions. Why can't God just dump His will for my life on my lap and say "have fun Jon." But today I was faced with a bit of a slap to the face. How dare I take all these choices, all these "tough" life changing decisions for granted! At least I have the freedom to make my own choices! I'm not out in the cold, starving, wondering where my next meal will come from...Shame on my arrogance...I'm an American...life's supposed to be easy right?(Sarcasm) Buck up ya panzy! It could be way worse!
A man who lives in worry lives a life of an athiest... Forgive me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment